Sunday, April 1, 2012

Life

Yesterday marked two days in a row of Skyping with our children...life is so full. There are moments when I feel like my heart might explode, but it's a happy explosion--like there's too much love to contain. We learned yesterday that Ruth's favorite color is blue, just like her mom. We also learned that her favorite thing is...being with us. That was a moment that will last a lifetime.

We also got to meet the foster dad and talk with both him and his wife for a few minutes. They and their 20-year-old daughter are super special and all obviously love the kids so much. That means the world to us. They are surrounded by really good people--God's people.

On Friday when Barak got to share a few minutes of the Skype call with the leaders and youth on the trip in New York, we received an email shortly after from our good friend Gwen. She wrote, "I have been crying since I saw you two talking to each other and then to see the kids just touched me so deeply.  The verse from proverbs (13) came on my heart... 'Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life.'  That's what I feel...a tree of life worth of love and blessing from how God is writing this story."

Gwen, you said it perfectly. We are experiencing a tree of life. God continues to write this story, his story.

No comments:

Post a Comment