Monday, June 20, 2011

Where to start?

Good morning! Have you ever intended to begin something, but you find yourself so far behind that you don't actually start? That's me. But I woke up with a new determination to at least create a blog dedicated to the journey we're on to complete our family. Almost exactly two years ago Barak and I decided to adopt--and it has certainly been a journey ever since.

Backtrack to my childhood. My sister was adopted the day she was born, so adoption has always been an integral part of my life and, ever since I was older, a desire of my heart. I'm not sure I ever really believed, however, that I would have the incredible blessing of adopting, too. And we're actually adopting from a country that has been closed to America but just recently opened its doors: Costa Rica. I traveled there the first time at age 20 and have since returned a dozen times, several times to teach, other times to study, and always because I love the people.

Before this summer is over, I hope to post a few stories that share the miracles God has provided along the way. In the meantime, here's the quick overview for our current progress: Our immigation papers expire in September. But since we're not even approved from Costa Rica yet, we are in the process of filing an extension. We submitted our application to Costa Rica last August and have since had to submit more papers (long story). We're hoping to hear back from them soon.

A note to our children: Queridos hijos, sigo pensando mucho en ustedes. No importa q' no se casi nada de quienes son. Lo q' se con todo mi corazon es q' Dios tiene un plan para nuestra familia y q' ustedes dos son parte del plan. Ya me ha dado tanto amor para ustedes y rezo por ustedes mucho. Cuidense. Mami

1 comment:

  1. NiƱos: para que sepan que tendran una tia COLOMBIANA con la que podran contar cuando lo necesiten. Tambien rezo por ustedes para que lleguen rapido a una familia espectacular como la de Cynthia y Barak.
    Padres: estoy segura que seran la mejor familia del mundo. Dos padres ejemplares y llenos de amor.
    Que Dios los Bendiga.
    Marce

    ReplyDelete